Saturday, July 24, 2010

May Happenings....

Since I am so far behind I decided to put all of what went on in May in one post. May had a LOT of things going on since it was the end of school.

On May 6th, Emily's class had a competition to see who would present their Fable at Oratory Night (1 person from each grade 1st - 12 grade, some of the upper grades had more than one person). The 3rd graders work on rewriting Fables in their own words through out the year. Then they choose their top 3 that they thought was best and the teacher chose the one they were to memorize and say for the competition in their class. On this day the students were able to wear church clothes instead of their uniforms.


Emily getting ready to present her Fable, she did an
awesome job, but was not the one picked for her class.
The boy that won did a great job too.


Em's class after all the presentations.

May 7th:

The NILD students and therapists had a pizza party for all the hard work that was done through out the whole year. Siblings and parents were invited to come to it too.

KA and her BFF eating pizza.


Emily's therapist giving her the certificate.


Emily's certificate.

Mother's Day weekend. About a week before Mother's Day Scott and I took the girls to Starving Artists Studios to make plates for me Mother's Day. While there we made the grandmother's one too. On their's we used both girls' hands to make a heart. On Sunday the children's choirs sang a song at the beginning of each church service for the Moms.

My plates, flowers, and homemade cards. I
LOVED how the plates turned out!!

Emily getting ready to sing.


KA standing by her BFF singing.
May 10th: KA's class went on a field trip. This was really one of their first "real" field trips (they had went to sing at a retirement center and a trip back in Oct. to the pumpkin patch had been cancelled), to the Virginia Living Museum. KA was paired up with her BFF so she was a happy camper.

Touch pool.


KA with one of the rocks or minerals.

KA and the 2 friends that she was paired with.

KA and her BFF eating lunch.


Playing after lunch.

KA and friends.




We had the most fun watching the otters play.
This is the first time that we had been where
they were this active!
May 15th: KA had a birthday party to go to. They had a bounce house and slide in one, in the backyard. They had hotdogs and burgers for lunch and then cupcakes and ice cream. It was a hot day and the bounce house kept burning the kids feet, but a fun time was had by all.

KA sliding.


KA jumping.


KA eating with her BFF.


I just thought this picture was so cute!
Weekend of May 21st: My BFF, Jolene, came to visit me from Mobile!! While the girls were in school we went to the outlet mall in Williamsburg. We didn't get many pictures while on our outings, but we had a great visit with one another!! Thanks Jolene for coming to visit!

Jolene's FAVORITE store.


Jolene spent a lot of money in this store so that I could
get these Water Bottles for the girls! That is what I call
a GREAT friend!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU ROBIN FOR THE UPDATE. WE ARE SO PROUD OF THE GIRLS. THEY GIVE THEIR ALL. WE APPRECIATE YOU VERY MUCH. LOVE, MOM

Tiffy's World said...

You sure did have a busy May! Goodness, I know ya'll are always busy though! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Sorry it took me so long to comment. I've looked at them a couple of times. Enjoy the next month of summer!

Stoots Family said...

Gosh I forgot how much I spent at that store but we sure did enjoy wearing all those clothes on our trip out West! What a busy May! Maybe I should make it a tradition to visit in May!!!