Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kerri Ann's Baptism...

On May 23, 2010 Kerri Ann asked Jesus into her heart. Since we were in GA and AL for a couple Sunday's after that we decided to wait until today to have her baptized, that way Nana and Poppa would be here and wouldn't have to make another trip.
Kerri Ann has been talking to us and asking questions for a year now. But she had in her own mind that the only way to become a Christian was to be baptized and her fear to be baptized kept her from wanting to come forward. She would tell us that she had asked Jesus into her heart, but that she was not a Christian because she wasn't baptized. It really didn't matter what we told her this was always her response. Within the last few months I would hear her praying the sinners prayer with different special speakers, but still didn't want to go forward. Well, on May 28th, the new student building had a grand opening and Scott took the girls. While they were there she told Scott that she had prayed the prayer, so he told her that he would talk to her about it at home. But that weekend was a busy weekend. We took out the special speaker, Bobby Welch on the 29th. Well after he finished speaking on Sunday morning he asked those who wanted to say the sinners prayer and again KA did this. This time when I asked her if she wanted to go forward she hesitated and I said that is fine, but she really needed to go forward at some point but only when she was ready. At that point she took me by the finger and drug me down the aisle!! She was ready! She talked to one of the decision counselors and had a good understanding of what she was doing. She knew that she had asked Jesus into her heart, because she was a sinner and she needed his forgiveness. There was no fear at all of being baptized either (I think that it helped that she had spent the week at Nana and Poppa's pool and learned to put her head underwater!). It is awesome to know that my 2 girls will be with me in Heaven! God is good!!


Kerri Ann and Emily in their skirts that my Aunt
Mary Carol made them. So cute!! THANKS Aunt Mary Carol!!


Kerri Ann ready for church.


Wearing a robe, she said she looked like
and angel :-)


Mommy and Kerri Ann waiting


Daddy, Mommy, and Kerri Ann


Daddy talking with Kerri Ann about her decision
to ask Jesus into her heart (he does this with all
he baptizes and he didn't let her out of it either).

Kerri Ann asked her Daddy if she could be first.
Waiting for time to be baptized.


In the water waiting. This is one of
my FAVORITES!!


Seeing all the people and being introduced.


Daddy telling about her story.


Going under.


Done! Awesome Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I COULD TELL KERRI ANN WAS VERY HAPPY BY THE GREAT BIG SMILE. A BIG DAY IN ALL OF OUR LIVES. GOD IS GOOD. LOVE TO ALL

Billie said...

I can truly say that it was an awesome day. The baptism was so very sweet. I was glad that we were able to be there. I now know that my two children and their families will be in Heaven with Billy and I. I can't say how happy that make me. The sevice was awesome that day along with the baptism. It was a great day.

Love,
Nana and Poppa

Tiffy's World said...

So sweet! Wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing the pictures and then also emailing link to video. Big hug!