Monday, February 1, 2010

SNOW 2010 Part 2

Sat. late night it started snowing more. I think it snowed a little on and off through out the night. So when we woke up Sunday morning we had a little more snow. Scott had to go to the church, they had the 9:15 and 11:00 service, but no ABF, so the girls and I didn't go to church. Scott went out and cleaned his truck off and took pictures of what had fallen over night. On Sat. we measured 7" of snow in the back of Scott's truck and some drifts of 10". This is what he measured on Sunday morning.......


Back of the truck! 4 more inches!!


This was the only drift that measured 18 inches. It
was in our front flower bed...

Where the 18" drift was.

Back of the truck from the playroom window.
We didn't get out in the snow until after lunch when Scott got home from church. The snow was now wet enough for us to make a snowman!!! So that was our project...

KA making the head!


Scott making the bottom of the snowman. I made
the middle section, but didn't get any pics.

Head.


Putting his head on top.


Smoothing out the snowman.


Finished snowman.


The girls holding Frosty's had. This is the name
KA choose. It is a boy because Daddy needed
another male around :-)


Looking at the bird footprints and Samantha's
pawprints. Scott put her out the back door thinking
that she wouldn't like it, but we think she did, she
was wanting to run, but Scott brought her in quickly
we are not too sure if she would come back or not.


Our neighbor let us borrow their flat shovel and
snow shovel to clean our driveway off.


I helped too! Lots of work!
Later that afternoon we found out that school was cancelled for Monday (today)!!! Daddy got to go in at 10am. This has been so much fun having snow. I am sure that in a few more days I am going to be tired of it!

3 comments:

Stoots Family said...

I love the snowman! It's cute but I was really expecting an Alabama hat to be on it & a houndstooth scarf!

Anonymous said...

Tell the girls that the snowman is so cute and it is good to have another man around. I have never seen a better one. It took a lot of hard work. Good to see all of you having fun. Love to all.

Tina said...

How fun! Love the snowman.